Re: open source chat

Good thread. Big Blue Button is very cool, especially the speech
recognition feature.  Curious what speech recognition engine is being
used.  Google speech recognition is pretty good for me in both English and
French but does not handle a mix of the two at the same time and, of
course, privacy practices are open to question.

Not sure why I did not see Katie's original posts - only the replies.   If
the group decides to move forward, we might also consider an alternative to
this forum/mailing list software.  Navigating threads on the list web page
is pretty awkward and plain text formatting can be more difficult to
parse.  Another project I'm following (https://safenetforum.org/) is using
the *Discourse* forum software, an open-source solution that can be
self-hosted or obtained as a service.

Also, apologies if changing subject header earlier violated group protocols
or conventions.

David Baril
Retired  (#oclug newbie)