meeting that can be logged, and it was our disappeared Board member who more or
less pushed us to Jitsi and made work for the minute taker.

Best, JN

On 2022-04-21 13:51, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
On 2022-04-21 09:48, J C Nash wrote:
Agenda for Linux Ottawa Board meeting 2022-4-25 19:00

Virtual meeting open to Linux-Ottawa list members. If you have items
you want added to the agenda, please send to nashjc _at_ ncf.ca or
tug.williams _at_ gmail.com.

Meeting will be on oclug.slack.com. (And, yes, we prefer fully open
source solution -- see "volunteers" below!)

It appears we last used that two years ago.  Why are we regressing from
jitsi to a proprietary walled garden?

Is there any reason we cannot use jitsi or
irc://irc.oftc.net/#oclug-board or irc://irc.oftc.net/#oclug ?

The rest of the agenda looks reasonable...  preventing bus errors
good...

- Quorum (3) needed of Board members as per AGM
		Tug Williams
         	Ian Gorman
		John Nash
		Richard Guy Briggs

- Minutes of previous Board mtg
- Status of bank account
- Formalities
	- Thanks to retiring Board members
	- Who has the corporate documents?
	- Have we a set of usernames, passwords etc. for our website functions?
	- Updating of documents (need for formal assignment of officers)
	- need to record AGM (JN is preparing a draft)
         - Current bank signing officers are Scott Murphy, John Nash and
           Ian Gorman. Should we add to the list?

- Need for volunteers to take on some specific tasks. Do we want to be
   more focused in asking people to do something limited i.e., they can
   agree to just a particular task. However, it would be good to have
   at least 2 per task, as we have recent experience when someone
   says they will do something then disappears.
         - What can/will Board members undertake? Several of us already
           have noted constraints on time/capability.
         - We are allowed to appoint other Board members if there are
           willing helpers.
         - keeper(s) of essential documents and information
	- backup and maintenance of website (except mailing list)
         - mailing list maintenance. This may or may not include
           upgrade that we have wanted for some time.
         - keeping of records of "corporation"
         - wiki maintenance (prodding for presentation documents?)
         - setting up virtual meetings (Board and general)
         - possible arrangement of in-person meetings

- Future of Linux Ottawa
	- Key functions: mailing list and meetings
	- In-person meetings and resources (mostly human) to set up
           and run, and to find suitable venue

- Talk/discussion for May 5
	- Suggested topic: "Evolution of volunteer groups like Linux Ottawa
		and the role of technology"
         - welcome other offers for May and for the future!

   slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!