Re: thoughts on linux on HP 14-fq1040ca?

I've never had good results with a realtek wifi card.  You can generally
get them going with a compiled driver (dkms) but it always seems fussy and
prone to breakage, so I almost always swap them out for an intel.  Usually
it's an easy swap, and not expensive, but do check for that.  Other issue
that I have commonly faced with a newer laptop has been audio - I can't see
what's in this one for audio, so check that one too.  But other than that,
it looks pretty standard and should work with linux.