Re: Ottawa lack of IXP peering

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021, Ian! D. Allen wrote:

"Known issues with Internet routing: Some of the issues we are aware of
with ISPs failing to keep local traffic local:

Ottawa, Canada; Rogers, TekSavvy, CanNet, Acanac, Start, and Virgin
route all traffic via Toronto (or worse). If you or any people in your
ensemble are using one of these ISPs it’s probably best to use a
Toronto server. Bell will route directly to our Ottawa servers with 2
– 5ms roundtrip network latency. It seems Videotron is also good."

According to who? You are missing the attribution of this quote. We cannot determine if the source of this info is trustworthy.

Attributing your source is legally required.