Re: anywhere in town to get solar chargers with USB ports

  • Subject: Re: anywhere in town to get solar chargers with USB ports
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 08:37:47 -0500
On 2020-11-13 08:23, Alan McKay wrote:
> I'd look at one of the places like total battery.
>
> Get an Anker if you can ... Something like this
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075FR89CX

Looking ahead a number of years to retirement, I'm looking at doing a
7000km bicycle trip through south Asia (Bangladesh/Tibet/Nepal/India)
and I'm going to need to solve this problem.  I recently met a couple
through warmshowers.org (network of touring cyclists) who have been on
the road 10 years (and had two kids on the road, https://www.ylia.ch/)
and they swear by these dynohubs that can charge cell phones in about an
hour:
	https://www.spinup.life/
I may need to supplement with solar since I may be immobile at times...

> I wouldn't waste my time with those really small handheld ones
>
> Also depending on what you're doing you might be better off with power
> banks that you charge in advance before you go.  Again I'd go with
> Anker
>
> https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07S829LBX

> To get help send a blank message to linux+help [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org
> To visit the archives: https://lists.linux-ottawa.org

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!