Re: anywhere in town to get solar chargers with USB ports

  • Subject: Re: anywhere in town to get solar chargers with USB ports
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 08:28:58 -0500
On 2020-11-13 08:29, Alan McKay wrote:
> BTW even with a charger it is very useful to have a power bank - you
> can leave the power bank(s) charging indefinitely and still use your
> devices.
>
> I use that type of setup on canoe trips - solar charger open on top of
> my gear charging a power bank while I'm paddling, my phone is safe and
> dry in a case.  No worries about my phone ending up in the water.
>
> I haven't used a solar charger this late in the season so can't really
> comment on how well it works but I will say you do need full sun and
> it works extremely well even in early May, which is the earliest I've
> ever used it.

Interestingly, late April and early May, a full 6 weeks before summer
solstice is when I've set my power and energy records for my 40-panel
solar microFIT system.  This is when we are getting close to full sun,
but it is still cool enough not to degrade solar panel performance.
Panels like it cool.  At summer solstice it is too hot to set records
and by August we're losing sun and it is still hot.

> I think it should work fine as long as you have full sun.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!