Re: A new subscriber ... in need of help.

  • Subject: Re: A new subscriber ... in need of help.
  • From: Allan Topp <ad707 [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 13:17:37 -0500

The more I think about it the more I believe that booting ubuntu from an external hard drive may be the best alternative.

I think it would mean changing the BIOS to put the drive first in boot up priority and re-booting the Lenovo, either with the HD connected or not, every time I wanted to change OS's.  Much prefer to be able to "choose" which OS on boot up but hardly a reason to do more than grumble ...

If someone can confirm that would be appreciated ...

Then I need a bootable ubuntu on the ext HD.  I'd hope that's as simple as a ubuntu download on to the ext HD.

Again if someone could please confirm ...

Given  those confirmations ... all I need then is a new ext HD!

Thanks in anticipation of your help.