Re: voip.ms SOAP access

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019, Alan McKay wrote:

You could run your own Asterisk server and have
it take care of voicemail, etc.

That would be pretty redundant - voip.ms gives you access to a full
PBX and all features.  It is pretty amazing for the price.   You could
run a professional call center off it.

Agreed.

I set up voip.ms IVR (voice menus) for 100% effective spam-blocking years ago. I was getting as many as 6 calls per day from duct cleaning spammers, etc.

IVR answers incoming call and plays "Press 1 to prove you are a real person and not Pierre Poutine". [1]

If caller does not press 1, after a timeout the system hangs up.

Automatic dialers (ADADs) won't catch my recording. If an autodialer connects the terminated call to a human they won't have heard the message and know to press 1, so they get disconnected.

A legit caller presses 1 and proceeds through the selective forwarding / vmail etc. processing that I have.

I have also programmed the calling number filter to bypass this filter for people whose numbers I know.

Brett

1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Canadian_federal_election_voter_suppression_scandal#Voter_suppression_across_Canada