Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SOLVED: Home built PC w/ Win10 cannot get Ubuntu

WTG!

The message was probably due to the previous configuration information
being stored on the hard-drive that was still connected (ie: not the
drive with Windows 10). Something to make note is that UEFI usually
stores its configuration information in a small partition known as the
EFI partition. It is usually hidden from everyday file utilities; but
you can see it with Disk/Partition utilities.  The GRUB2 boot system
(the standard boot-loader used in most GNU/Linux distros) knows about
this EFI partition and will usually mount it under its boot/grub
directory tree as "efi" or something like that; hence, this way GRUB2
can work in harmony with EFI boot-up protocols and manipulate the EFI
configuration, if necessary.

Sincerely,
Frank