Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Algonquin Wi-Fi

 Actually, I now remember that although you can get to the AP without
password, it is sometime impossible to get an IP address is everyone is
connected in the local DHCP scope. IOW: if every IP address from the DHCP
is allocated, it will remain reserved until its lease is over without being
renewed.

Tonight, I was unable to connect my tablet, nor my cell, and my friend had
the same issue. Suddently, I could connect all my devices, and so did he.
Until all IPs will be allocated again.

IOW, It´s a hit-n-miss..... too bad.

Quoting Alex Pilon <alp [ at ] alexpilon [ dot ] ca>:

Quoting Scott McClare <mcclare [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>:
Hi all. Will there be any current Algonquin students attending
tonight's
meeting? I'm a new student and I have a laptop I'd like to dual boot
(Windows/Kubuntu), but while Windows 10 connects to the campus Wi-Fi
effortlessly, I haven't had any success on the Kubuntu side.

If someone else has done this successfully, I'd love to know how.

Here. I forget everything off the top of my head because I use
autocompletion, but I use wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli (or wpa_gui)
directly, so I don't have tools lie to me.

Honestly, I usually care so little for the user case of desktop
environments that put three layers of molasses on top of just the
unadulterated tools that I haven't bothered to figure the molasses out.