Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Computer Hardware Stores

On 14-07-19 05:27 PM, Prof J C Nash (U30A) wrote:
I've been reasonably happy with my purchases and interaction with Canada
Computers, in particular the Rideau Store, though I've also dealt with
Merivale and Kanata branches.

JN

Same with me, although I'm in the far east (Orleans). Canada Computers here is on Tenth Line. The second 12V connector is there to augment on motherboards needing higher 12V current - large fans for processor cooling etc. Each motherboard standard pretty much defines what connections are needed - so anyone building a board to fit that standard implements connections as required. Each chipset and processor combo also defines what support is needed in terms of cooling, thermal, power, video controller/interface options etc.

--
Bill