[OCLUG-Tech] 3d printing software

Thinking of getting in to this 3D printing stuff and first question
(since printing itself is available in misc places like the library or
shapeway)  is what sw I can use on linux ?
I know about blender but it seems to be more towards 3D animation then
3D printing.
Did look around and got a few hits but before starting to learn one
program I wonder what are other people using?, What would be best to
start off with?

Techwiz, Peter Sjoberg PGP key (42DDDDDD) on keyserver & homepage
Key fingerprint =  EB81 3135 1636 576A DA83  826B 2455 0E88 42DD DDDD
Homepage: http://www.techwiz.ca/~peters
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/henahadu/