[OCLUG-Tech] sudo with ldap and active directory question

Hi Guys,

I have a working ldap authentication using Active Directory as the
ldap server (not my choice but ...).
Linux distro is RHEL 5.8.
As I said it works but:
When I do a "getent passwd" the users are coming down in uppercase.
Still not a problem but when trying to give different roles through
sudo I have to list both the lowercase username and the uppercase
username in the sudoers file. That is very annoying and adds up to the
maintenance.
So I'm asking if anybody's seen this before and how did you deal with?
I'm not an ldap guru at all. I was able however to follow the on-line
manual howto's and configure a working example.

Also I know that the sudoers.ladap manual explains how to integrate
sudo in active directory but the AD admins don't even want to hear
about it.

So if anybody has an idea it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much,
Dumitru

--

Dumitru Ciobanu
ciobanu [ dot ] dumitru [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com