Re: [OCLUG-Tech] sudo with ldap and active directory question

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Dumitru Ciobanu
<ciobanu [ dot ] dumitru [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a working ldap authentication using Active Directory as the
> ldap server (not my choice but ...).

On the linux side do you have the AD fields mapped properly to the
ldap fields? IIRC if you are seeing usernames in all caps then you are
mapped against the wrong AD field.

Have you considered using Likewise or Samba's pam_winbind instead?
Both are targeted specifically at AD. I use pam-nss-ldapd (a
fork/rewrite of the original pam-ldap) against pure LDAP, and Likewise
on a Suse box to authenticate against AD. Pam-nss-ldapd was much
easier to setup, but Likewise seems to work better with AD. I guess
likewise is written to work around Microsoft's ldap hacks.

--
sg