Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG AGM - discussing change

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 01:43:47PM -0400, John C Nash wrote:

> Location of meetings is always an issue for OCLUG. I personally would prefer more central
> choice. If folk have ideas, perhaps they could research them and either post or have ready
> for AGM discussion. A bit of history:
>
>    - Lees Avenue -- good bus, some parking (?? how good), price (??), facilities (?? I
> don't know whether we had net there)
>
>    - U of O Senate room -- central, good bus, lousy parking, free, but we could not book
>      much in advance and were subject to being bumped.
>
>    - Algonquin -- good bus, not central, good parking, free, but some troubles with
> conflicts with classes. There is now Royal Oak choice instead of Chances R

    - Code Factory - http://thecodefactory.ca/
      Ian Graham  613.321.3831
      He is open to having oclug meetings in his space.
      246 Queen St. near Kent
      excellent location very close to transitway downtown.

My opinion re: which evening:  oclug was tolerating the changing evenings because the
venue is 1) free 2) good (with projector, large rooms, on transitway, etc).  However
it had the extra benefit that people with unchanging commitments on Tuesdays or
Thursdays could make it out to some meetings.  I agree that changing the day every
semester is too much (not sure we ever did that), but changing once a year is ok.

bjb