Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG AGM - discussing change

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 01:25:21PM -0400, Brett Delmage wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 08:46:55AM -0400, Grégoire, André wrote:
> >>It would cool if we could have a poll to see where members preferred
> >>to have the meetings that way the majority would take it.
> >
> >This assumes that the potential body of interested people aren't already
> >ignoring us because of accessibility.
> >
> >It would certainly be more objective than the current set of anekdotes.
>
> It *could* be more objective if conducted properly and transparently
> for all OCLUG members. Otherwise it might just be a disguised
> representation of someone's opinion.

I would normally assume this goes without saying, but Brett is
absolutely correct, since we have seen too many cases where this is not
the case.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!