Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SECURITY ALERT: Phishing Attack (Fwd: Email Security Upgrade)

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SECURITY ALERT: Phishing Attack (Fwd: Email Security Upgrade)
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] sourcerer [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:04:19 -0400
Yes, I'm trying to determine if a notice I got from GOC (paper, via
postal mail) is valid ... it looks real, but the person and phone
number are not in GEDS (Government Electronic Directory Service).
Gut feel is that it's real, but how on earth can I verify without
using the phone numbers on the letter?

... I've asked my MP but no answer yet.  I might need to call back
and ask again.

bjb