Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SECURITY ALERT: Phishing Attack (Fwd: Email Security Upgrade)

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SECURITY ALERT: Phishing Attack (Fwd: Email Security Upgrade)
  • From: Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:58:38 -0400
On 11-07-08 08:36 AM, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
Even if I am my own system administrator?!?

Even if I don't even have an account with said institution?!?

Even if I've already received thousands of such emails already?!?

<sarcasm>I'm sorry I ruined your day by post an alert about email phishing. After all, since you know everything there is to know about security, why would anyone else on this list be interested in it?</sarcasm>

Such rudeness is not appreciated. Please refrain for doing so in the future.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

Confusion is the first step of understanding.

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.