Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SECURITY ALERT: Phishing Attack (Fwd: Email Security Upgrade)

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] SECURITY ALERT: Phishing Attack (Fwd: Email Security Upgrade)
  • From: "Singer X.J. Wang" <wang [ at ] singerwang [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 09:12:59 -0400
I'll chime in here and agree with Richard here. Should we start warning
about every security risk?

- Do not shout out your DEBIT CARD NUMBER and PIN for your debit card.
- Do not write down the DEBIT CARD NUMBER and PIN of your debit card on a
piece of paper and mail it to Richard Briggs
- Do not write down the DEBIT CARD NUMBER and PIN of your debit card on a
piece of paper and mail it to me
- Do not write down the DEBIT CARD NUMBER and PIN of your debit card on a
piece of paper and mail it to Stephen Harper
- Do not write down the DEBIT CARD NUMBER and PIN of your debit card on a
piece of paper and mail it to Jay Leno
- Do not write down the DEBIT CARD NUMBER and PIN of your debit card on a
piece of paper and mail it to Madonna

These phishing emails are so normal now and everyone (specially those on the
list) knows about it that there's no need to email it again.