Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Seeing ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions from 'doze ...

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Seeing ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions from 'doze ...
  • From: "Prof. John C Nash" <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:37:31 -0400
I've used Ext2IFS in the past. http://www.fs-driver.org/
Pro -- it really does work
Con -- it really does work, giving access to Linux files ignoring permissions and owners!

I eventually took it off my machines at uOttawa as I wanted to keep the security on my
Linux systems that had dual boot i.e., I didn't want to make it too easy to get at my
files. However, on a secure machine where I needed occasional access I think it could be a
useful tool in the hands of someone who understood the risks.

JN