Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Ticket System

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:48:52PM -0400, Raj wrote:
I've seen RT (http://bestpractical.com/rt/) used in a lot of places -
and for the non-tech user, it has a pretty simple interface - just email
and it will create a new ticket for you (or update an existing one)

I've used RT before, and it would be my first choice next time I need to set up a ticketing system.

Installing it from source can be a bit overwhelming due to the large number of Perl modules it requires, but it's packaged in Debian, so you don't really need to bother. On a Debian system it's as simple as apt-get install request-tracker3.8 to get a minimal install. The minimal install defaults to a SQLite backend, which probably isn't suitable for even a small production system. I'd recommend using the Postgresql backend, but there's also MySQL support if you'd rather use it.

Cheers,
Dave

message navigation