Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: OCLUG meeting times/locations

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Prof. John C Nash wrote:

Lees campus is being used, though for what seems to be poorly advertised. One of the problems with uOttawa is that non-core functions can be bumped by any "core" function. That was why we discontinued the Senate room.

From my uninformed position, what you say here suggests that Lees campus
might still be worth checking. Wouldn't an ordinary theatre-classroom there, like OCLUG used to use, be booked regularly for a session, or not, and less likely to be needed for an unplanned need, like the Senta room? Now, it would be a pain to get bumped at Christmas, and nice to know the room was likely not needed for the winter session too, if that's possible.

When bumps occur, is an attempt made to offer an alternate room? I recall OCLUG meeting in some regular flat classroom too at times. Lees is a big facility. Is uOttawa using all of it already, in the evenings?

Brett