[OCLUG-Tech] can't boot from older PC

Hi,

I'm trying to boot a Fedora 10 Live CD from an 'older' PC that I want to use as a Linux platform, but it just won't detect the CD after a restart.

I verified that the PC can detect and boot from a Windows installation CD, so I know it's not something broken in the PC. I also verified that the Live CD is bootable on my 'newer' PC.

I snooped around the bios, but nothing is obvious there either. I even forced it to boot from the CD drive only, with no luck.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Carl Heyendal