Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Problem with a raid array at boot time

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Problem with a raid array at boot time
  • From: Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:00:25 -0400
* Charles Nadeau <charles [ dot ] nadeau [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> [090320 19:40]:
> > Was the array in a good state in /proc/mdstat ?
>
> My STUPID mistake: I forgot to start the array before mounting it.

Pfew!

> > > I'll try again with both AHCI and MD as modules this time.
> >
> > I am hopeful about this option.
>
> After booting and doing an lsmod, none of the modules were loaded. I'll try
> again later tonight, I need to quickly finish a couple of things with my
> workstation. I'll keep you posted, thanks for your help.

I am not used to gentoo.  Can you throw them into /etc/modules (or
similar)?  Make sure you put ahci before md.

Also, you might need to generate a mdadm.conf ...

        $ echo 'DEVICE partitions' > mdadm.conf
        $ mdadm  --examine  --scan --config=mdadm.conf >> ./mdadm.conf

And on debian this would start all those in the config file:

        $ /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid start

Good luck,
-Bart

--