Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Rogers and Sendmail

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 17:52 -0500, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:
> : Note that Rogers requires you to login before accepting any e-mail. Is
> : your SMTP service configured to handle this?
>
> I know this is true if you're on the Internet at large and relaying through
> them, but if the machine is connected to a Rogers cable line, doesn't it
> relay automagically?

Rogers enforces SMTP authentication even when you connect using your
cable line at home. That wasn't the case 10 years ago when I first
registered as a subscriber. But I think this changed about five years
ago or so.

Also, even if you successfully authenticate, I believe Rogers will
reject e-mail not sourced with a xxx [ at ] rogers [ dot ] com e-mail address. This was
true for a while a few years ago but I don't know if this restriction is
still in place (I don't use Rogers SMTP servers any more).