Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Anybody else seeing lots of spam on this list?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Anybody else seeing lots of spam on this list?
  • From: Spencer Cheng <scheng [ at ] aotera [ dot ] org>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:57:32 -0500
The right list this time... Appologies if this is a dup for any of you.

On Jan 17, 2008, at 8:56, Bill Strosberg wrote:

I'm not saying the spam is coming through the list server - it isn't. I do maintain this email account exclusively for the oclug tech list, and the only source for the address is regular traffic or the archives.

I would suspect someone's Windows machine which receives oclug mail has been trojanned (ugh - bad english) and is forwarding their address book onward or trapping all the email addresses. Happens more frequently than I like to think about.

You probably aren't seeing any spam due to better filtering on your end. I've not got the time right now to work on implementing better filtering at my end.

3 level filtering and spam still occasionally get through to me. :(

Regards,
Spencer