Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Problems Running DNS on Ubuntu

C.T. Paterson wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm trying to set up a DNS to resolve some of my own addresses within
my LAN.  My addresses are served by a DHCP machine that is not a DNS,
and that I can not change.  The addresses are predictable, though, so
I'm content for them to statically entered in my DNS.
I have been using djbdns on my internal home LAN for a number of years. Though the best way to put it up is to compile from source, it is quite straight forward and once running, it is very easy to configure. You have to dig (no pun) a bit to find out how to set it up for an internal DNS but here are some links:

Bernstein's link http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html
http://www.tinydns.org/
http://www.lifewithdjbdns.com/
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/djbdns/
http://www.sanitarium.net/golug/djbdns.html
http://www.ro.kde.org/djbdns/mywork/jumbo/index.html
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_a_DNS_Server_with_DJBDNS
http://www.djbdnsrocks.org/
http://www.vegadns.org/

--

Best Regards,

Rick Cuthill
Mobile:   (613) 552-7314
Home:     (613) 729-7314
US:       (301) 867-3663 *NEW*
Alternate Email: rcuthill [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com

Call me on
* GoogleTalk: rcuthill
 http://www.google.com/talk/
* GizmoProject: rcuthill *NEW*