Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: power usage

I have retested the Tripplite UPS and an APC UPS. As far as I can tell the Tripplite does consume 10+ watts at all times. Oddly when I connect a low load, less than 1A, into the Tripplite the ammeter reads a little lower then when nothing is connected. It could just be that the Tripplite has a crummy power factor. I would need better equipment to figure it out.

The APC UPS behaves as expected. It draws close to 2w. It does not show the odd spikes of current draw either. The APC is an older basic 200VA model. I used to seem them under cash registers all the time at the grocery stores.

--
sg