Re: [OCLUG-Tech] DST Patching and US Congress

Actually, the thing that surprised me is the amount of fear mongering
being attempted among the so-called experts.  Even after the Great Y2K
non-event, which cost us probably hundreds of billions, they always
want to use silly little issues like this to cause people fear - most
of the time in order to separate people from their money.  This isn't
even the first time that the date of the shift to DST has changed in
the modern era.  Some Eastern European countries have had 2 shifts in
the past 14 years.

Besides, the whole thing originated as a joke in the first place.
http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/franklin.html

Well, now this is interesting.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe it is more
important than I think.  Not 30 seconds ago I received an
Outlook/Exchange originated meeting appointment for tomorrow.  The
meeting time is displayed as 1:30 Central (12:30 Eastern).

Rod.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/10/eveningnews/eyeontech/main2556

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci1