[OCLUG-Tech] DST Patching and US Congress

OK, so about Time Zones.  I have recently performed patching for DST.
Personally, I'm a fan of UCT and no time-shifting as this has always
proved a hassle for me.  In a modern economey why bother?  IMHO, time-
zones suck, and if people are too stupid to work with a single Earth
time, then the Aliens win!

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

For all you budding conspiracy theorists:  "DST Patching?  Why US, why
Now?"
This was planned ahead specifically to interrupt computing around the
world to distract from the War in Iraq (give the intelligent folk
something to do, instead of staying abreast of the News at work).  It
was a deliberate and calculated attempt to throw us all for a loop and
make Outlook meetings blow up in your face (switch to Evolution!)

Did you remember to patch your Linux systems/apps?

General news links:
& http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=300
*
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/10/eveningnews/eyeontech/main2556
008.shtml
*
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci1
246779,00.html

Anyway, peace all around the planet and set your watch to UCT. "Boycott
Time Zones/Daylight Savings!"  Send Congress a message that the techs
are smarter than them and are going to shift the time-zone in
Washington, D.C.

- afields