Re: [OCLUG-Tech] building a VT enabled system

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] building a VT enabled system
  • From: Allan Fields <afields [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:14:01 -0500
Thanks for the insightful info.

I bought a nice big OCZ 850W PSU and Antec
case which I was going to outfit with similar as described (I priced at
local Barrhaven stores).

However, given I'm following the Russian
philosophy of poverty-driven computing, I don't own a laptop and likely
can't afford a new motherboard until the Kremlin writes me a cheque for
$2million USD and brings about an era of world-peace.  Until then, I'm
battening down the hatches and digging in for a prolonged battle of the
Platforms.

Even if my best system is only an AMD64, and I don't have an
AM2 yet, I'm still alive and the chances of paying my rent are high.
All
the techs are so lucky, lets all pray that the 486 users in Moscow are
compiling away happily on Slackware and avoiding the state-subsidised
alcohol.

Now if only someone could tackle Reiser4 code
clean-up/factoring!  Or am I just a sucker for the experimental
codebase?

DragonFly anyone?

Peace,
- afields