-----Original Message-----
From: linux-bounces [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
[mailto:linux-bounces [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca] On Behalf Of ext Randal Leavitt
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:08 PM
To: OCLUG Linux
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Recommendations: Tax Software on Linux

OddSox wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2007, at 8:48 AM, C.T. Paterson wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I've been running Slackware Linux for a few years now, but have still

>> kept a Windows box around as a sort of security blanket.  I've shed
>> Windows for just about everything now - but with the onset of tax
>> season, I must confess the only "tried and true" software solutions I

>> know of for taxes involve a windows package.  In the past I've used
>> QuickTax.
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a good software solution (on-line, I would
>> expect) for Linux?  Monitor did a write up of some on-line places,
>> but was cagey about how they'd do with Linux/Firefox.  I'm
>> particularly interested if anyone's tried QuickTaxWeb on Linux.
>>
>> Cheers and thanks.
>>

> Try http://www.ufile.ca/ - claims to work with Linux/Mozilla and I
> used it last year without any trouble...
Interesting.  I was curious about ufile and wondering if I should give
it a whirl.  Based on the above comment, maybe I will.  This seems like
the right way to make software available - as a web application - so it
does not matter what I am running on my home machine.

--
Randal Leavitt - another Ubuntu user
http://positiveenergy.blogspot.com/