[OCLUG-Tech] [OCLUG] [OT] Re: Some questions about Intel use of transistors and logic gates ??

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] [OCLUG] [OT] Re: Some questions about Intel use of transistors and logic gates ??
  • From: Tony van Muyden <tnt [ at ] cuic [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:31:11 -0400
William Case wrote:
> Hi Charles;
>
> I agree.  This should have been asked on the general list.  My previous
> questions and answers contained the [Tech] address and I just sent out
> the question without thinking.  Won't happen again -- I hope.  If it
> does its an accident.
>
> On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 20:13 -0400, Charles MacDonald wrote:
>
>>William Case wrote:
Snip

So I fixed the Subject to OT for you.
Remember that 1 and 0 just clarify the STATE of the logic, and should
not be associated to the level of voltage.
There were computers that had a 1 state as 0 Volts, and a 0 state as a
positive voltage. ( 5 or 12 or 24 or whatever.)
It is true that in modern electronics, the voltage level is reduced, for
reasons of power consumption, and the unwanted associated radiated heat.

Tony.