Re: [OCLUG-Tech] alsa problems

Hi;

I had similar problems in FC4.  Still haven't got everything fixed, but
the following maybe helpful.  Although a file called alsaconf still
exists it is not used. Instead asound.conf and asound.state in /etc are
used. asound.conf can only be set by using system-config-soundcard.  Any
manual changes I make are changed back at login.

The alsa site http://www.alsa-project.org/ has links for debian
distrubutions and specific sound cards/patches or fixes.

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 15:09 -0400, Michael W. Bazdell wrote:
> I can get my card to work fine after running alsaconf, and then I do
> alsactl store, but everytime I reboot, I have to run alsaconf again. I'm
> running Debian Etch with a standard SBLive card. It's very odd.

Regards Bill