Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Same Evolution - different users

Hi Mike;

It works!

I am, in fact, posting this reply from user2.

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 13:24 -0400, Mike Denhoff wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:06:18 -0400
> There is "man xauth"
> For example to see what's in the current user's .Xauthority file do
>
>   $ xauth list
>
> Good luck.  I will soon leave for a few weeks of holiday, but I'll
> check the archives for any progress when I'm back.  Hey, I might even
> join the OCLUG list.
>
> Mike

I am posting this because you said you might look up what has happened
here in a couple of weeks; and, for anybody else who has helped or has
been following the posts.

I did the following:

]$ su user1
Password: ********

]$ evo
- evo is in user1 .bashrc as alias evo='export DISPLAY=:0.0; evolution
&'

I get plenty of warning messages that I will have to check out; and have
found some additonal flags or commands or issues that I will follow up
to see if I can clean things up.

** (evolution:9989): WARNING **: Owner of /tmp/orbit-billl is not the
current user

(evolution:9989): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session
manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

(evolution:9989): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "redmond95",

(evolution:9989): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "redmond95",
es menu class init
evolution-shell-Message: Killing old version of evolution-data-server...
adding hook target 'source'
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
update flow align
requesting object classid:
smime:///em-format-html/.0x8a3bf08.100/icon/signed
object_found: 1
BBDB spinning up...

evolution --help
--display=DISPLAY                      X display to use
--screen=SCREEN

  --gtk-module=MODULE                    Load an additional Gtk module

Bonobo activation Support
  --oaf-ior-fd=FD                        File descriptor to print IOR on
  --oaf-activate-iid=IID                 IID to activate
  --oaf-private                          Prevent registering of server
with OAF

GNOME Library
  --disable-sound                        Disable sound server usage
  --enable-sound                         Enable sound server usage
  --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT               Host:port on which the sound
server
                                         to use is running

I would like to launch evolution in user2 with sudo rather than su,
bypassing Password without using expect if its possible.

Regards Bill