Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: Same Evolution - different users

On August 6, 2005 03:28 pm, William Case wrote:
> Hi again Stephen;
>

> Being able to login as one user and having access to my personal data
> yet then being able to switch desktops depending on the role/job would
> be ideal.
>
> So I am looking for suggestions.

Here is a thought, which I haven't thought out.

You could use Xvnc to start a second, virtual, X session and then use a VNC
viewer from your regular desktop to access it.  One user runs on the 'real' X
session, the other runs on the 'virtual' one, and you can switch back and
forth by task-switching.

Not elegant, or efficient, but I think it would be workable.

Michael