Re: [OCLUG-Tech] introduction to Debian packages

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 12:02:29PM -0400, Kevin Everets wrote:

> As a side note, I always use zless (in the gzip package along with
> zcat) for this operation:
>
> zless /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples/network-interfaces.gz

I use lessfile.  Because thinking is bad.  Stick this in ~/.bash_profile:

         eval "$(lessfile)"

Then:

less /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples/network-interfaces.gz

See 'man lessfile' for more info.  In particular, the similar 'lesspipe'
command may be more to your taste.

Cheers,
Jody