Re: [OCLUG-Tech] introduction to Debian packages

On the same subject of debian
I just installed my first debian system and now I'm trying to figure out
how to do things the debian way (as oppose to the suse/redhat/mdk/fedora
way).

At the moment I feel that it's lots of (google)info about how to do
package handling but when it comes to configuring stuff it's a little
harder.

It was a page on the wiki that had some info about it and a nice
crossref between fedora, suse, mdk, debian or something like that. I was
thinking of updating it as I finding out stuff about it but until then I
have to turn to this list.

My first issue after installing it came when I wanted to change the
network info. After poking around a little I
found /etc/networking/interfaces and the manpage but how do I add an
eth0:0 alias?