[OCLUG-Tech] Copy of Server

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a new "development" server that will
have the same configuration as an already existing and working "production"
server.  Doing a straight "bare-matel" restore to a different box won't work
(of course) but trying to figure out what files should be copied over and
which should not is proving to be a tedious task.  The system is Fedora Core
3 and the two boxes will be on different LAN segments and have different ip
address, different cpu & disk drive configurations, etc.  Any suggestions on
how to do this (more or less simply) would be appreciated.

Here's my idea so far (after installing FC3 on the other box);

1) let rpm tell me which files I've changed on the production system
	- (rpm -V --all)
	- edit this list to remove files obviously not needed
2) get a list of "all files" and delete those known by rpm (rpm -qf $file)
	- again edit this list to get rid of those obviously not needed
3) combine the two lists and create a tarball of those files
4) Extract that tarball to a box where the identical copy of Fedora has
already been installed.

Anyone have a better idea / experience ?  I have this uneasy feeling I'm
missing a much easier way to do this . . .

TIA

Alex
====

dangerous content by Avantel Systems, and is
believed to be clean.