Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Copy of Server

Alex at Avantel wrote:

Here's my idea so far (after installing FC3 on the other box);

1) let rpm tell me which files I've changed on the production system
	- (rpm -V --all)
	- edit this list to remove files obviously not neede

Ouch -- sounds painful..

mondo archive/restore will dump and restore from any filesystem to any other file system. It will even create bootable cdroms/DVD's and allow you to partition away. Beware -- the process can be slow if you use a lot of conpression!

If you have 80G of data, this will take a fair amount of time.

--
__@ Greg Franks <| _~@ __O _`\<,_ Ottawa, Ontario, Canada |O\ -^\<;^\<, (*)/ (*) (*)--(*)%---/(*) "Where do you want to go today?" Outside.