Re: A lurker approaches...

On 2024-02-13 11:06, Matthew Charette via sigs-l3go wrote:
> Oof gotcha. 232 Bank St, Saigon Pho, 6:30, correct me if I'm wrong?

Yep, that's right.

> I was originally going downtown-ish tonight to check out L1G, but I'd
> rather some pho & chats :). Easy redirection to pop out and see you folks
> instead. As long as I didn't muck up the time, I'll catch you folks this
> evening :).

Great, look forward to seeing you then.

Thanks for the support about my wrist.  I'm managing pretty well with
this injury.  I've had worse and recovered from them, so I'm not
despondent or complaining, just managing others' expectations of my
mobility.  :-)

> On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 10:53???AM Martin Hicks via sigs-l3go <sigs-l3go [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org> wrote:
> > Hi Matthew,
> >
> > You're very welcome, but the meet is TONIGHT.  Second tuesday of the
> > month.
> >
> > mh
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 10:43:38AM -0500, Matthew Charette via sigs-l3go wrote:
> > > Hey folks, embarrassing admission - I signed up for the list via
> > > meetup (IIRC) years ago, promptly forgot about it, and only just
> > > started getting your mail in my inbox again (previously picked up
> > > as spam). I had some family situations to resolve over a period of
> > > years and can't remember if I got in touch at some point, but
> > > clearly remember your group seemed like the kind I'd like to hang
> > > out with now and then :).
> > >
> > > Would I be a usurper in asking to drop by & say hi next week (of
> > > the 18th)?  I used to work for CFMWS, did a lot of full stack
> > > stuff (cluster of MariaDB installs over at Scouts Canada, other
> > > stuff), and used to be a crazy C++ template guy (nearly submitted
> > > things to boost). //end resume ;)
> > >
> > > If you're accepting new faces on your pho nights, I'll keep an eye
> > > on the list for next week and check in. If not, that's all good
> > > too - just let me know either way :).
> > >
> > > (Mr. RGB, sorry to read about your wrist. I'm stuck walking with a
> > > cane, and can safely empathize with the need to keep any/all
> > > joints & digits intact ;). I hope you're doing ok sir!)
> >
> > Martin Hicks           |      mort [ at ] bork [ dot ] org

  slainte mhath, RGB
--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!