Dissolution of OCLUG not-for-profit corporation

This is to confirm the dissolution of OCLUG corporation and the donation of the residue of our
monies to the National Capital Freenet. The main page of a report is attached. The full document
is too large for email.

NCF is interested in having our input to enhance the appreciation and use of open source and Linux
by the organization and its members. Shelley Robinson, the Executive Director, has asked me to
suggest some ways in which we might do this.

- there is a concern that earlier NCF distribution of CD/DVD versions of Linux, then cards
  giving summary instructions for their installation, has fallen into disuse. Some improvement
  of the help pages and other resources would be welcome.
- Zimbra, the email system in use, is approaching end-of-life as open source and will become
  proprietary. NCF is considering possibilities and it appears knowledgeable input would be
  welcome.
- Announcement of our virtual meetings should be possible.
- NCF may be willing to host our wiki in some form -- our presentation archive would be useful,
  for example, on both historical and "help to users" levels.
- NCF may also be willing to host our mailing list, but I believe at the moment are not set up to
  do that.
- NCF has discussion groups. One of these is "Free Software". I suspect it would be feasible to get
  this renamed to "Free software - Linux and Open Source", keeping the "Free" label which attracts
  novice members. See https://www.ncf.ca/en/dg/group/109 (it's mostly about Linux)
- It could be useful to NCF to take over the Linux-Ottawa.org domain name and feed to relevant
  information. Ideas?

Other ideas to keep alive the purpose of OCLUG/Linux-Ottawa even if the corporation is no more?
Let me know. I plan to send some ideas in about a week for the NCF administration to consider.

John Nash