Re: Keeping the lights on (was Re: Result of the OCLUG motion to dissolve) (fwd)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023, Dianne Skoll wrote:

There's also Canadian Web Hosting - not just located in Canada but
Canadian-owned, from $7 CDN / month:
https://www.canadianwebhosting.com/vps

Interesting. I am still paying $5/month, maybe because I am grandfathered.

their low-end offering has more disk space than Luna Node
(20GB vs 15GB) but half the RAM (512MB vs 1GB).

This is more than enough RAM to run
* Mailman
* BIND authoritative / caching DNS server
* Postfix mail server
* Apache web server
* opendkim

with room to spare. I have run these services on a 256 MB server when VPSs were more expensive.

# free -m
           total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:         481         143          89           1         248         325
Swap:       1023         397         626

The CACloud VPS also comes with 1 GB of swap, which extends the RAM nicely. In my experience many VPS do not come with any swap. Casual comparisons of VPS may not be valid.

CACloud's SSD VPSs are located at 151 Front, providing excellent latency for Ottawa and Canada in general.

CACloud's service has been consistently and remarkably _excellent_ over 15 years for me. I don't know how they do it when charging so little. Maybe because I treat support persons with respect and appreciation.

CACloud has been completely hassle-free to control or have set up full mail server ports, and PTR records, both ipv4 and ipv6.

---

Are there official minutes of the general meeting, including the list of atendees, quorum call, and votes on all resolutions? Will thay be posted here?

Brett