Re: Dissolving OCLUG was Re: OCLUG meeting Thursday April 6th 2023

Hi Alayne,

Yes, you are on the list of registered voters who supplied their legal name and email address before the deadline. We are taking on trust that all legal names supplied correspond to the users of the email accounts.

Note the following rule: "85. Error or Omission in Giving Notice. No error or omission in giving notice of any Annual or General meeting or any adjourned meeting of the members shall invalidate any resolution passed or any proceedings taken at that meeting"

My working assumption - without your legal talent, so please advise if I have misinterpreted this - is that this means we can proceed with the meeting and vote on Thursday 6th April 2023 as planned.

I am also interested in whether you interpret "shall" to be epistemic in the first person, and deontic in the second and third person, and how that affects your interpretation of the by-laws?

The topic of dissolution has been aired at the past few club meetings, but I would be willing to propose to the board that we push out the deadline for the vote, if this would help resolve your problems.

Thank you for your invaluable contributions.