Re: OSCAR Call for Talks

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 12:26:17AM +0000, Katherine Mcmillan wrote:
> Hello all,

> On a side note, I have reached out to the OSCAR BC mailing list to see if I can get someone to speak to us about their use of Linux and the OSCAR EMR (ex. someone with a current support business, physician, etc.).  To my surprise, I am finding more use of FreeBSD and OpenBSD than I was expecting! (It is possible that people with this stack are more inclined to reach out to me). Would everyone be okay with a presentation on open-source OSCAR on a *BSD? To be honest, this is a very surprising finding for me, and even questions like "why OpenBSD and not Linux?" would be very interesting!

This Montreal lurker would tune in to the remote part of a hybrid meeting on OSCAR. I'd never heard of it.

You'd probably think it not surprising that someone from MTL might not have heard of an EMR system used in Ont and BC, but I lived in BC from 1997-2011 :)

It would be interesting to hear more about free software use in EMR. (/me wonders if OSCAR is used/usable in Qc's Health (don't really) Care System)

--
Znoteer
znoteer [ at ] mailbox [ dot ] org