Re: Linux-Ottawa Board meeting announcement and proposed agenda

See below for additional info. about meeting records.

Indeed, it was sent to the list to encourage some participation. With so few
current Board members, we risk being unable to conduct business i.e., keep going.

Another msg asked about link to meeting. Go to oclug.slack.com and find the "board"
tab on the left. It's a messaging platform. We know that some members would prefer us
to use a fully FLOSS solution. However, we do know that Slack works for getting
things accomplished and it is fairly easy to copy/paste/edit the screen contents
as plain text to provide "minutes". Video meetings require whoever does this to
do a lot more work. If we can find a suitable solution using, say, IRC, I'm sure
we'll shift. I've been trying different clients, and so far am of opinion that
Slack has packaged things better than the FLOSS alternatives, though I've just
installed Konversation and it looks not too bad. I think Slack got used as an
experiment one night a couple of years ago and worked so we stayed with it.

I'm sure this will continue to be a topic, and it may spur participation.

Wiki: I have put up the "announcement" of the AGM (it was not loaded onto the
main page) and also (under Board) instructions on how to do this. I've also
prepared a record -- I won't say "minutes" -- of the AGM. We seem to have lost
records, or never had them, for 2018-2021. As we are officially a corporation,
and we have several $K of assets, we do have some responsibilities, and I can
honestly say I wish we didn't. I'd rather spend time improving IRC client than
fiddling with gov't forms.

JN