Re: Bios crash

I once had to clear my CMOS memory or my laptop wouldn't boot, due to a corrupted CMOS. As I recall I had to short across a couple of contacts, and I found the instructions online.

Mike

On 2021-07-16 5:04 a.m., Kevin Szabo wrote:
I haven't seen a windows update corrupt a bios before, but I imagine it's in the realm of possibilities.  Others likely have more experience but you may want to pull all your power, unplug your battery, and unplug the coin cell that keeps the CMOS settings for the BIOS alive.  Try to boot to your BIOS and if you can get in there reset the configuration to the default (pulling the battery doesn't normally set to default).  When was your laptop manufactured?  Cheap Electrolytic caps have a finite lifetime and  if your machine is over 12 years old you may be reaching it (or capacitor plague)

Good luck