Re: email server refuses spam

James
Do they provide you with a whitelist that you can add to? Then if you see that a domain is getting refused, you can add it to the whitelist and not have it refused.

 However, the mail server might still refuse mail from the domain, depending on the reputation of the domain.  Mail servers are commonly set up to check incoming email by consulting a RBH service (Realtime Black Hole). This is likely checked before your whitelist is consulted.

I understand that you would want to receive all incoming email. This sentiment is common in people who work in sales (not meaning to say that is what you do). But beware: if you can persuade your hosting service to turn off all spam filtering, you might receive an incredible amount of spam.

If you want to, you can run your own mail server and use Diane's mailmunge to filter spam. Or be brave and run no filtering at all!
Good luck -- Rick