Re: Discussion item: choosing an appropriate laptop

On 2021-06-14 9:39 a.m., J C Nash wrote:
With possible opening up of travel and having laptops that are vintage 2014 and 2015,
we're thinking of a new one for road trips.

Our considerations:

- 2 people sharing for email
- need for plenty of storage for photos and family history information, plus
   some technical projects
- reasonably fast
- robust
- we find 14" screen about right balance between visibility and portability

have a chat with the folks at Eurocom on Colonnade road. they sell "high end" laptops that they assemble from modular parts. Upgrade-able, and they have at least one Linux expert on staff. we have purchased more than one over the years, with the current version of linux preinstalled.

--
Charles MacDonald  VA3CPY               Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe