Re: Problems hearing speakers during tonight's jitsi meeting

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:

When the first lockdown descended upon us, I had the other three members of the house start using wired ethernet ... so that potentially 4 people doing videoconferences at the same time would not result in endless complaints to the local IT department (me).

:-)

How's your thinnet holding up under your loads?

I wired the computers in the house for 10base2 25? years ago, from basement to attic. Of course it's been upgraded to gigbit CAT6 since then.

Reliability and, importantly, also security is a big reason I prefer wired networks where possible.

Now if I could only get a phone with an ethernet jack. Sometimes my phone's network operation goes strange, making me wonder if someone isn't trying one of the wifi network attacks on me. Maybe I shouldn't name my wifi SSID "RCMP surveillance van" or "CSEC Mobile 22A, etc.?